Monday, September 15, 2014

Some Newbie pics

I have been getting lots of "early" day pics in of Griffin. After all, he will only be this little once, and having these photos is important to me. For his individual portraits, I had a pretty short list of "must haves." I wanted one of him on books in glasses for sure. That was tricky because the glasses were so huge. He lifted his head up just enough for them to fall into place, and I snapped the photo. I love that one. I bought the large wooden bowl at Homesense with the intention of photographing him again in it at 6 months and 1 year because it is so big and he'll be able to sit in it. There were limited poses I could do because I had no helping hands. Usually I have the mom close by for safe posing, but since I am the mom and the photographer, I didn't have this. I like to keep the poses pretty simple anyway though. I like the curled up baby in the little bowl pose and I try to get that with most of the newbies I photograph. It's simple and shows off their cute little faces. I tried to buy a macro lens off Kijiji, but it didn't work out. In the end I decided the expense was probably unnecessary at this time and made a reverse 50 to get the close up shots. (You take the 50mm lens off, flip it backwards, holding it in front of the camera and manually focus the shots.) It served it's purpose well enough, but certainly doesn't have real macro quality. I do almost all of my in studio photos using a 35 mm 1.4 lens because I try not to cut off feet too much, etc. so I need the extra width. But I occasionally use my 50 too. I just have the cheapie 1.8, but it is quite a good lens. The flooring in the photos is our actual floor that we have throughout the house. It's a distressed, handscraped Hickory hardwood. I love how it photographs and intend to have Dave eventually make me a backdrop with the leftovers (after he's eventually finished the loft and maybe the basement bedroom.)
















No comments:

Post a Comment