Sunday, July 27, 2014

Evening

Yesterday evening we went for a walk around the neighbourhood, as I try to do most evenings. Reese didn't really want to go though, but I made her come for fresh air. She was grouchy. It also turns out she was distraught over a family that was hit by a car in the Costco the other day. You can see it in her face in some of these photos, as she asked questions about them. She is my sensitive girl, who is now afraid to go back to the Obstetricians office because of a blood trail she saw outside the hospital last week. At bedtime she was in tears about the Costco incident. I stayed with her and we chatted until about 11, while her dad was on his run. I cherish the time we spend chatting together, even if it is past her bedtime. I just wish it wasn't so hard for her, being so sensitive in a world where bad things do happen, and there often isn't a "why" answer.






1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of sensitive kids. :Life can be so hard for them. They are amazingly compassionate and empathize. I find that as a Mom I empathize when any child is hurt or unwell. Keep up with those late night chats. They will be kept in your hearts as treasures.

    ReplyDelete