Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

All I wanted for Mother's Day this year was to go visit my mom and to get some new photos of me and the girls. I am not one of those moms that feels the need to be in the pictures. I am perfectly happy to just take the pictures. But since it has been a year since I've had a photo with me and the girls, and since I was determined to get a couple photos with my baby bump before I become a giant beluga (right around the corner at this rate!) I wanted some done. It was a chore, let me tell you, but we got them, and I got to see my mom so it was a win. :) A special thank you to my dear husband for taking these photos without a fuss. ;) I took the one of girls, but he took the rest and I just edited them up. :) Dave doesn't take many photos. I guess he's just not into that stuff. I did teach him the basics of manual mode, but I set up the camera because the light wasn't really changing at this point. He doesn't practice enough so he would just need reminders. Ha. The reason I'm explaining all this is because one of the misconceptions is that a camera takes the photo. I used to see pictures taken by a photographer's spouse and it looked basically like one of the photographer's own photos, thus the camera must be what created that "style, right? It wasn't until I started having Dave take our photos that I learned why they look that. One of the nice things about doing your own photos or hiring the same photographer(s) is consistency. While I appreciate a good vintage style every now and then, I do like to make photo walls, and I have a certain look I'm going for so this approach suits me well. 







1 comment:

  1. Hi LJ! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com whenever you get a free moment!

    ReplyDelete