Thursday, March 28, 2013

Asian Market

 On Tuesday Reese was home sick from school, only she wasn't actually sick. (That's a different story though!) There is a new Asian market that opened up near our house a few months back. I've been itching to go, and take the children. We have a few Asian markets in the city, and while I've always intended to check one out, I don't tend to make much effort to get to places that aren't in our neighbourhood. 
Anyway, the children LOVED the market. They had so much fun picking out new food. I don't think any of us have ever had such a fun time grocery shopping. The kids packed the bags and helped carry them to the car too- bonus! Unfortunately, many of the new fruits were a disappointment, but I'm glad they tried them. We also accidentally purchased prawn flavoured cracker sticks- we all gagged, and Zoe spit milk all over the cupboards. Ah, memories.


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun opportunity for the girls! I love that Asian markets tend to be so cheap cheap cheap! Great lunch packaging stuff too, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! We'll have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete