Sunday, December 30, 2012

Skating and Such





 
Once upon a time there was a baby girl born into the wrong climate. That baby girl was me.  I don't like hockey, I hate the cold, and when the snow comes, I want to hibernate all. winter. long.  I am not proud of these facts, but that's what they are. Facts.  It'd be neat if I could shout "Go Maple Leafs! Go!" at the tv with genuine can't-take-my-eyes-off-the-tv kind of interest, and that I couldn't wait for the outdoor rinks to freeze, but there's no sense in pretending to be what you're not. My dad and Dave took the kids to Harmony Square in downtown Brantford to go ice skating. Dave was shocked when I said I was going to come along.  I figured if I could be of absolutely no help, I could at least photograph my children during their first outdoor skate of the season, and I think Zoe's first outdoor skate ever.  Unfortunately, after a few minutes of freezing my buns off and wondering why I came, the children were still not done as I'd been expecting. They were enjoying it! So I went into a little coffee shop next door and sat by the fire drinking a latte. Well, at least I tried. Mom of the year trophy goes to...
someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment