Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

I am horribly disorganized. This is why holidays cause me strife. Most of you probably know how hard it is finding a mother's day gift. By the time you're an adult, you buy what you want. And if you don't, it's 'cause it's really expensive. This is why adults don't get excited about gifts on holidays. This is where thought comes in. So I've been thinking about a small token for my wonderful mother, over the last few days, and finally reach a decision. Yesterday I took Zoe shopping so it was a no go. Tonight? Two stores are sold out of said thoughtful gift. Round three tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Sorry that I have to be vague. My sneaky mother would read this. (Sorry mom. Don't get your hopes up!)

 My oldest daughter likes to design t-shirts. What can I say? They were quite upset about the recent closet cleaning, which involved donating Dave's old t-shirts to Goodwill. That's their stash for art shirts. I guess I'll need some of those new Sharpies (because these aren't all that good for the washer).

Oh yes, my journal....Here are three great things about today:
1)  We slept in.
2) We watched Dave play soccer and it was a beautiful day.
 3) We went to Denny's for dinner. (This one takes the cake.) Deep Fried Goodness. Well, pancakes for the kids. It is Denny's and all. Deep fried goodness for me and Dave though.

No comments:

Post a Comment