Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Monday

We went downtown yesterday to enjoy our last day together before Reese went back to school. It was pretty cold and windy, but the kids love feeding the ducks, and visiting parks outside our neighbourhood. We went for burgers afterwords, and to Walmart, where I did something I wasn't sure I would ever do. It was only one day after Easter, and the chocolate pickings were already slim. Reese wanted white chocolate, which I could appreciate because that was my favourite as a child too. I told them they could pick one thing each, but there was pretty much only one white chocolate selection left- large (hollow) white dogs or white bunnies. So we walked away with those traditional large chocolates, which is more chocolate than I ever want my children to possess. But don't get me wrong, it's okay to eat that amount myself. In secret. Like hiding in the garage or the bathroom. But we don't want our kids to pick up our own bad habits. ;) So we walked away with two large, chocolate dogs. They had little bandanas on their necks. When we got home, Reese wrote a letter to her Oma and mailed her bandana with it, for Martin, Oma's little dog. It was quite sweet, and she proudly walked it down to the mailbox herself. This is kind of a big deal because we've only recently started letting her walk to the mailbox (which is just down the street). Remember the days when kids used to walk around the corner to a friend's house? Dave and I have talked about this before, and neither of us can imagine our kids doing it, even though we did it ourselves. You know, changing times. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment