Thursday, March 1, 2012

Veggies Snacks

For the next week I will be striving to blog more regularly, as a personal goal. I can not promise that it will be interesting though. So if you don't want to see pictures of my kids eating dinner or the new colour my bathroom's been painted, I suggest you look away. ;)





Veggies snacks are my new thing right now. They are so easy and yummy. Actually, the ones pictured here, (yam chips), are probably my least favourite because I just don't love yams/sweet potatoes. They are okay though.  I do love Kale Chips, and I also enjoy Cauliflower poppers, and carrot fries too. I make them all basically the same way, just different cook times.  I cut them all according the the size of pieces I want, spray them with olive oil spray (Pam or PC), sprinkle them with seasoned salt (of the desired amount), and bake them on a baking pan. (I also spray the pan first to avoid sticking).
Cook times are approximate:
Yam chips 325 degrees for 35 minutes. 
Kale chips 300 degrees for 20 minutes (or until crisp, but not burnt).
Cauliflower poppers 400 degrees for approximately 1 hour (these should be a bit brown).
Carrots fries 425 degrees for 20 minutes... 
In case you want to make some. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I saw a pin for yam fries and I have some so I can try them out. HAve you seen the butternut squash fries? Heavenly! Sprinkle with garlic powder. I pretty much ate a whole squash myself and I hate squash. I think I'm also the only one who doesn't like kale chips! Blech.

    ReplyDelete