Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two Princesses

We let Reese stay home from school  today. The new frog she received for Christmas was unfortunately not well and passed two weeks to the day he came home. She handled it well, but she did not handle it well when the new frog passed on his illness to Marco (her existing frog) and he passed in the night. We knew he was ill yesterday, and by the time illness is visible in a frog, it's usually too late. What the pet store salesperson failed to tell Santa was that a new frog should always be quarantined for two months before joining the existing frogs.  Reese is doing well now, but I feel so sad for her because she loved Marco so much. When she found out he was sick, she desperately started researching a cure in her frog book, but we knew it was too late for little Marco. :( I think we will take a break from pet frogs for now. This year she will be getting an electric scooter for her birthday. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for Reece's loss... how tragic to lose the frogs in such a short time :( I think a break from frogs is probably a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for Reece, that is so sad. :( Give her a big hug from us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. Poor little baby. I am sorry she had to lose her pet. I love these pictures. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete