Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Story of My New Coffee Table


So this is how I got my new coffee table. I found this one at Ikea. I was planning on buying it, but I was a bit hesitant to pay $250 plus tax for a coffee table containing fiberboard.
Dave also preferred an oval table. So one day, while browsing a secondhand store, I found a solid wood coffee table for...$10. And it was oval. It was too big for me to carry and put in the car though. (I think I had Zoe with me that day.) So when Dave came home for lunch, I asked him to pick it up after work if it was still there. He told me he didn't think he had time, but he would go another day. So I sulked because by then it would be gone. Then he sang some tune about how he couldn't always be my knight and shining armor. WHHHAT?! Why not? So he left for work and we went about the rest of the day. Well, later in the evening I think I sulked some more, and then guess what he pulls out of the garage? My table. Aw. He later spray painted it gray to match the colour table I had wanted from Ikea. The end. :)
Link

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful thing...good job! LJ for the shopping and hubby for picking it up and painting it. Love the colour BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww yay!!! and I absolutely LOVE it!!

    (also, where is all your clutter?! that pic shows a spotless house!! or is it just my house that's a clutterfilled disaster?! sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing what a little (or maybe a lot) of spray paint can do! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that table!! Just like OHM said I see no clutter! That's just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! You have an eye for finding the good in something old. I love it!

    ReplyDelete