Sunday, November 27, 2011

Some Christmas Crafting


I made these button trees while I watched 48 hours Mystery last night. Bliss. This totally makes up for the lack of Dateline on Friday night. (I'm fun like that). Did I mention I love buttons? 'Cause I do. If you have any ideas for buttons, send 'em my way. After these trees though, I need to replenish. I think I have one brown button left. These are really easy to make. I could have had the kids make them, but sometimes I just like to relax and craft. I used cardstock to make the cone trees and some tape/staples, white glue, and lots of buttons of various colours- done!

I did buy some Christmas crafts supplies just for the kids though. They get so excited about them. We make candy cane reindeer and styrofoam snowmen.


4 comments:

  1. I have a madness, love and passion for buttons too. Where do you usually get your buttons? I found a couple of huge bags at Walmart-clearance back in the summer time. I have used framed canvas(dollar store) and then glued buttons on to make heart, star, butterfly.( or whatever shape/design). They look cool. Hang them alone or in a collage :) Such fun. Love the button trees btw! Might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny.... I am currently just taking a break from crafting and searching on pinterest. I, honestly seconds ago just pinned something very similar to your button trees. :) Great minds... ;)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I love you. I seriously frickin love you and your blog...guess what i'm doing when i get my wooly wreath done?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bokeh in these shots ;)

    ReplyDelete