Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My New Toy




I bought this fun "toy" a few weeks ago at Younkers in Fort Gratiot, MI. It was on sale and cost just under $20 with tax because there was some lucky additional discount at the counter. (It's still on sale for $20 if you want one and happen to be near a Younkers.) I've had to cut down on my baking because we've reduced Zoe's sugar intake. And that hurts (ME!) After she ate her cake pop, she was a cranky pants and that really reaffirmed the unfortunate cutbacks. I made red velvet cake pops with Wilton chocolate icing. I would like to give lemon cake pops a try. The recipes come with this lovely machine. Have you ever tried making cake pops without one? I have heard it is rather time consuming and not fun. Well, let me tell you, this little machine is easy AND fun. Yay for cake pop makers! These are just simple ones, but I will give some more interesting ideas ideas a try later. We are going to have cake pops for our annual Halloween party. I also have plans for Reese's birthday- in March! We have already been running through ideas for the party. We all know how important birthdays are to kids. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Too bad about cutting down on the sugar, that's tough :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm I think I really want your new little toy...

    ReplyDelete